Wednesday, April 8, 2009

the easiest pie you will EVER find

I'm on another pie kick. This weekend will be Easter weekend - and what screams Easter more than... Lemon Meringue Pie!!! ;0) So I've been baking my favourite pie - but thought I needed to add to my pie repertoire. Hence how I found the easiest thing I have ever made.
Seriously. E-A-S-Y as PIE! HA!!!

This recipe was taken out of The Golden Book of Patisserie - the Chocolate and Hazelnut Tart. I didn't follow their recipe exactly... their crust called for a sweet chocolate tart pastry. I stuck with my regular pie crust - since I had some left over from another pie. Probably another reason I thought this was so easy - half the work was already done in advance.

Whatever crust you use - this recipe is a blind bake crust - so bake your pastry in an oven @ 425F for 10 minutes (lined with wax paper and filled with dried peas). Remove the peas and wax paper and bake for another 5 minutes to finish baking the crust. Once baked, set the crust aside and leave it to cool while you make the filling.

Extra-Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Pie
ingredients:
300 g (a super large bar) of extra-dark chocolate
1 1/4 c. heavy cream (whipping cream)
1/2 c. hazelnuts, roasted and roughly chopped

In a bowl over simmering water, melt the chocolate and cream. Stir well to ensure that you remove all lumps. Stir in the hazelnuts.

Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust. Place in the fridge for at least an hour to set.

That's it! Simple eh? It's like making a chocolate fondue and adding a crust to it. I bet you can't just have one slice ;0)

No comments: