Tuesday, November 17, 2009

the birthday weekend...






I'd been looking forward to last weekend for quite some time... you see, Gigi and René bought their first house and Saturday evening was not only their house warming par-tay, but it was also René's birthday.

I wanted to bring them some lovin' from the oven - and it had to be something that I knew would bring huge smiles to their faces. That meant that it could only be one thing...lemon meringue pie.

This time round I made mini lemon meringue tarts for them. Although it's not a new recipe (I've already posted it), I thought you'd enjoy at least looking at some pictures - some blind baking of the crusts, filling them with lemon curd and then baking the meringue... oh, and obviously of course pictures of the new home-owners (and birthday boy).

Bonne fête René! And congratulations guys... I heart your home (and the two of you).

No comments: