Thursday, November 19, 2009

Starbucks part deux





As I mentioned in my last blog, my Starbucks themed week included their Banana Walnut Bread... only, I didn't make a bread. I decided that these would be much better as mini bundt cakes; and added handfuls of chocolate chips to the mix (you can never go wrong with chocolate) ;0)

Feel free to make these in a loaf pan or in a large bundt pan if you don't have the mini ones. Just increase the baking time if you do use the larger pans.

Banana-walnut chocolate chip mini bundt cakes
ingredients:
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp vanilla salt
1 egg
1/2 c. + 2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. buttermilk
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 c. chopped walnuts

Preheat your oven to 325 F. Spray your mini- bundt pans (8) with non-stick spray (or grease with butter).

Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt together into a medium bowl. Set aside.

In your larger bowl, mix together the egg, sugars and vegetable oil until combined (I used my electric mixer at this point). Add the flour mixture - again, using your electric mixer, adding the buttermilk, vanilla and mashed bananas until everything is incorporated.

Grab a wooden spoon and fold in the 1/2 c. chopped walnuts and chocolate chips (I added in an extra handful of chips too). I used my mini ice-cream scooper to scoop the batter into the mini bundt pans (4 scoops per pan). Top the batters with the 1/3 c. chopped walnuts.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (45 to 50 minutes if using a loaf or large pan) - you'll want the skewer to come out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pans.

Aren't they so adorable? So easy to make. And again, I kicked Starbucks butt! :0)

No comments: