Sunday, March 22, 2009

Recipe Update

I ended up making those White Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes again... 8 am Saturday morning and there I am in my kitchen baking for Steph's 30th birthday... and true to my word in my blog on Friday night - I did twist up the original recipe.

This time I included pecans - 1/3 c. of pecans were added to the batter before spooning it into the muffin tins.

And, I only made 12 - these ones were larger than Friday's cupcakes.

Also, instead of the Milk Chocolate Butter Cream Icing I made a Maple Butter Cream Icing. Topped with pecan halves - these little treats were a real hit!

Maple Butter Cream Icing
ingredients:
3 tbsp butter, room temperature
1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
4 - 5 tbsp maple syrup
12 x pecan halves

Beat the butter, maple syrup and the sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
The original recipe called for 3 tbsp maple syrup - so you can start with that and then adjust according to your taste buds and what you feel is appropriate for the cupcake.
I piped the icing on top of the cupcakes and then topped them each with a pecan half.

Happy Birthday Steph!

No comments: