Wednesday, February 10, 2010

baking for Haiti


I'm really excited about this entry... no, it's not a recipe. It's even better.

27 bloggers got together and created a BlogAid cookbook... I was doing my weekly blog surf on Tartelette's blog and came across this... and thought, heck - we all know I heart baking and I heart baking blogs, and we all know that Haiti holds a very near and dear place in my heart - so let's put all of that together and offer some support!

The proceeds from the book sales will go straight to Haitian relief via the Red Cross and Doctors without Borders. PLUS... West Canadian AND Blurb are matching the dollar amount of the proceeds raised, to TRIPLE those dollars going to Haiti. And until February 12th, the Canadian government will match that amount. I'd say that is pretty awesome.

It's a POD (print-on-demand) system, meaning the books are printed and shipped as they're ordered and arrive at your doorstep in about 8 days. You can purchase yours for a good cause by going here

I know that everyone has been really very generous - but if you want to keep helping and are recipe book obsessed like me - this seems like a no brainer to me :0) I'll be sure to reference the book once it lands on my doorstep.

:0)

No comments: